Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sometimes you just have to be there

10/13/11
The Circumstance
I don't usually feel like going to Bible Study, but I choose to go anyway. I never know what may happen; I will most likely learn something that can help me in this life so I make the choice to go. This week was very helpful. I made the conscious decision to open up to some wise ladies whom I trust; they were able to pray for me about some really deep stuff I've been going through. It was freeing and relieving.
I often feel too tired to attend church on Wednesday night. It keeps Paxton up past his bedtime and extends my already long day. But I choose to go anyway because I know I'll learn something I didn't already know or needed to be reminded of. This week as I entered the church I was approached by a dear friend, another wise and trustworthy lady. She shared a dream she had regarding me. I am still waiting for the interpretation to be fully known but it is a special thing to know the Spirit is active on my behalf (and that people are listening).

The Word
Luke 19:2-9
There was a man named Zacchaeus...and he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not...so he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him... Jesus looked up and saw him and said, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house."..."Today salvation has come to this house".

Luke 23:26
Now as they led Him away, they laid hold of a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, who was coming from the country, and on him they laid the cross that he might bear it after Jesus.

The Application
I could stay home and be comfortable and wait for things to happen to me. I could immerse myself in technology to feel connected and to fill my time. I could pass on activities that don't particularly appeal to me. But if I don't show up, I would miss out on a blessing. Sometimes you just have to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment