Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm so cold! But not as cold as that homeless guy.

10/10/11
The Circumstance
Cold and moody me, irritable and maybe teething toddler, gray and rainy skies= really hard day. It's only October and I'm chilled from the inside out. Today I just wanted to curl up in bed with a warm pile of blankets and nap away the winter....but unfortunately I'm not a bear.

The Word
Psalm 95:1-3
Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods.

The Application
The Lord is worthy to be praised, even when I don't feel like it. Perspective changes everything. My job is to change my perspective. I feel better when I take the focus off of me.

Thank you that I have a home with blankets and a bed. Thank you that we have food, even when "there's nothing to eat!". Thank you that my husband is not overseas in the military, (and Lord bless the wives and children that are in that situation). Thank you that I just deal with gray skies and rain, and not shootings and neighborhood bombings. Thank you for my son's teeth; life would be much harder later if he didn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment